Claims and compensations
When logistics is involved, sometimes things happen that should not happen. In case there are damages, you might need to make a claim and ask for reimbursements. For these cases, OGOship as a standardized claims process that you should follow.
Who to address the claim
OGOship has multiple sub-contractors as service providers for its services. Even if they have made a mistake, you should always file the claim to OGOship and let OGOship handle the claim for the sub-contractor.
Information needed for the claim
In order to file the claim, you need to collect and provide the following information for OGOship:
- Specific target for the claim. If an order is in question, OGOship needs the order reference number for the order. If a product is in question, a product code is needed.
- Specific reason for the claim per product or per order. Please provide an explanation why this claim is made. If you claim for multiple orders or products with the same claim, please specify for which target the explanation is for.
- Specific amount to be claimed per product or per order. Please provide a sum that you was to claim the amount per order or per product. If you claim for multiple orders or products with the same claim, please specify clearly what amount refers to which order / product.
- Reason for the amount to be claim per product or per order. If you claim for multiple orders or products with the same claim, please specify clearly which reason is meant for which product / order.
- Please note that OGOship is responsible only for direct losses and damage arising out of negligence or the fault of OGOship, not indirect costs.
All the information above can also be provided in a spreadsheet format e.g. .xlsx or .gheet.
How to make the claim
- Please send a free-form email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make the claim. Make the claim as soon as you notice the error because if too much time passes the target of the claim cannot be tracked and no reimbursement can be made.
- Provide all the above listed information with the email.
- Wait for confirmation that the claim has been received.
- Please be prepared to provide further information about the claim that will be asked by email.
- After 1 - 5 weeks, a response and a decision for your claim will be provided. The response and decision time, however, depends whether the claim has been forwarded to the courier for investigation. For example with DHL, if a product is lost during transportation, the investigation time is 30 days
- Once Ogoship has received the decision and the confirmed the amount to be compensated from the sub-contractor, we will make a reimbursement as a separate credit row to your upcoming invoice.
The most common way to compensate is for OGOship to create a negative invoice (credit) row for your next invoice after the processing of the claim. You will see a reference and a negative sum on the invoice that refers to the compensation; reference number and short explanation regarding the compensation.
In case the claim amount is over 10 % of the total amount of the invoice, you will be able to negotiate with OGOship to pay a reduced sum of the invoice: the sum which is not related to the claim. In these cases, a credit note for the invoice will be made and a reduced sum needs to be paid for an open invoice. In other words, you do not have to pay the entire invoice, but only the difference between the actual invoice sum and the reimbursement sum that you receive from OGOship.
Please note that making a claim does not stop the invoicing process of OGOship, especially if the sum is under 10 % of the total sum of the invoice. All open invoices need to be paid on time. The compensation for sums under 10 % will be made for future open invoices after the claim has been processed by OGOship. Paying the invoice, completely or partially, does not mean that you accept the entire content of the invoice. Your claim will be processed even though the invoice is paid. However, kindly make the claim without delay in order to speed up the process.
We process all compensations from the previous month during the second week of the following month, once we have received confirmed logistics and shipping costs from our logistics partners for the previous month.
Read next about using own package material.